The Wetland Club will be embarking on a weekend paddling and camping trip, Sat and Sun, Oct. 23-24, 2010 on the beautiful Suwannee River! Bring your own boat or rent a canoe at the Suwannee Canoe Outpost (paid for by the club, if you are member).
- leave from UF campus at 9:00am on Sat.
- carpool to Canoe Outpost (near Live Oak, ~45 min from G-ville)
- bring your own lunch for Sat. and breakfast for Sun., snacks, water, and other drinks
- Sat. dinner will be prepared as a group- make sure to pack a sleeping bag, warm clothes, water shoes, flashlight, and tent (borrow from friends or rent from the Reitz Union Outfitter 352-846-3003, firstname.lastname@example.org if you don't have your own)
- we will be shuttled 13 miles upstream (Pine Grove launch) by the Canoe Outpost, then float/paddle downstream
- we will camp on a public sandbar along the river
If you want to come...
- email Lisa Gardner (email@example.com) ASAP to get your email address on the trip emails
- get a $10 deposit to Lisa by OCT. 14th (drop it by her office at Rm 102 Newell Hall, or put it in her mailbox in Rm 106 Newell Hall- include your name!)